Saturday, February 26, 2011

i'm slipping today, i can feel it. here is a review i wrote for the new single from Panic! at the Disco. enjoy or disagree, either way why not voice that opinion?

A review of The Ballad of Mona Lisa

When I first heard that there was in fact a new single and forthcoming album from Nevada based rockers Panic! at the Disaco I was exstatic. I had enjoyed both of their previous albums and was intrested in seeing how they would fair as a duo since splitting up for 'creative differences'. Hurriedly i went to the youtube channel of FueledbyRamen and waited the seeming eternity that it took for the video to buffer. expecting gold, i was given tin. It appears to me that the panic has now begun to die down. gone is the experimentation that cemented Pretty. Odd as one of my favorites of the year as it has been replaced with the more generic, dancified tones of I Write Sins Not Tragedies. While the steampunk meets Clue premise of the video kept me watching, the song left me watching the clock. With any luck, Vices and Virtues will not leave this same sad look upon my face. Perhaps they have regressed in hopes of preserving the former fan base, but in doing so what are they really giving us as artists?

No comments:

Post a Comment